In this recipe, the soya pieces are smaller and the end result resembles minced meat. The brand I will use is Proya but of course you are at liberty to use whichever brand you love.
Ingredients: (Serves 1)
- 1/2 cup minced soya pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tomato
- Cooking oil
- Garam masala
- Royco/curry powder
- Heat oil in a sauce pan then saute the onion and garlic.
- Add the carrot, tomato, salt and garam masala then cook for about three minutes.
- Add the minced soya pieces and cook on low to medium heat for about ten minutes. Stir regularly to avoid sticking.
- In a small bowl, mix one tablespoon of royco with half a cup of water then pour into the saucepan.Stir then cook for three minutes.
- Add the chopped cabbages and cook for about five minutes.
If you use curry powder, you do not need to mix it with water in a bowl before adding to the saucepan. You can also include cayenne pepper to make it spicy.
This dish is very simple to prepare and delicious. It can be served with rice, chapati, sima, matoke or even mashed potatoes.
Enjoy your meal.