Pilau is a rice dish which can be cooked either with meat or without. All it takes is a little creativity and you will have a delicious meal on your dining table. Therefore, this pilau recipe I am sharing does not contain any meat but is still as good as the more popular one.
- Washed rice
- Pilau spices, either whole or ground
- Crushed fresh garlic
- Crushed fresh ginger
- Potatoes, cubed
- Cooking oil
- Put oil in a sauce pan and place on heat to warm it.
- Add the mixture of crushed spices, garlic and ginger to the oil. Cook for about two minutes.
- Add the potatoes and cook for a further five minutes then pour in enough water to cook the rice.
- Add salt then bring to a boil. Add the rice and cook till the rice is done and all the water has been absorbed.
Pilau may be served with any type of vegetable salad. The salad helps in making the meal balanced by providing other nutrients like Vitamins. It may also be served with any type of soup or stew, all of which depends on one's desire.