1. They provide energy to the body and can be eaten before starting an exercise session to provide energy. They also help when taken in the morning because they will ensure that the body has enough energy for the activities of the day.
2. They are good sources of soluble fiber which absorbs water in the digestive system thereby slowing down digestion making the person feel full. This is a good strategy for reducing body weight because the person ends up eating less if the bananas are eaten before the main course.
3. Bananas contain pectin which is a nutrient that helps in reducing constipation.
4. Bananas are also good for reducing diarrhoea. This is because they contain the electrolyte called potassium which normally gets lost during diarrhoea. Eating more bananas therefore replaces this lost nutrient.
5. Bananas contain potassium which assists with the regulation of blood pressure. This helps in reducing the risk of a heart attack or stroke and also in maintaining the normal functioning of the heart.
6. An essential type of amino acid called tryptophan is present in bananas. This nutrient helps the body in reducing depression and improving the memory.
7. Bananas act as antacids by helping in the secretion of a thick protective mucus which lines on the walls of the stomach protecting it from stomach acids, which may otherwise cause ulcers.
8. Bananas contain Vitamin C which helps in keeping the skin smooth & glowing while at the same time reducing wrinkles.
The above are only a handful of the advantages of eating bananas. These fruits are not only sweet to eat but also help in the overall health of the body. So why not pick up an extra bunch next time you go grocery shopping?